Celeriac & Horseradish Rémoulade
Suitable for low lactose, dairy free & gluten free diets.
CELERIAC AND HORSERADISH REMOULADE
Makes: 4 portions • Nutritional breakdown per portion: 32.8 kcal, 1.4g protein, 0.50 g fat, 5.8g carbohydrate • Fibre per serving: 1.2g
- 400g celeriac
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of soya yoghurt
- 1.5cm stick of horseradish (or 1tablespoon of bought horseradish)
- Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE:
- Cut the celeriac into thin strips (take care as celeriac are hard and can be difficult to cut) or you can use a food processor. Don’t grate it, as it doesn’t give the correct texture.
- Add cold water and 1 tablespoon of the lemon to a bowl and add the celeriac as it is cut to prevent browning.
- Then remove the celeriac from the cold water add the celeriac to another bowl and pour over boiling water to blanch it for a minute. Then dip the celeriac immediately back into the cold lemon water. Then take it out and pat dry with a towel.
- Finely grate the horseradish.
- Add the soya yogurt to the horseradish and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and season.
- Leave it for 1 hour till the horseradish has reduced its heat before trying it.
Suitable for low lactose, dairy free, gluten free diets.