Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
Rise and shine with healthy bowel friendly breakfasts - none of the ingredients used trigger bloating or wind (all are high fibre, low FODMAP recipes)
Blueberry and lemon muffins
On the go and need to take breakfast with you? Pop two into a food storage container if you are in a hurry to leave early in the morning. It takes 10 minutes and 30 minutes oven time to make these yummy compact bundles of berry goodness. Delicious warm!
Makes: 6 • Fibre per muffin: 4g
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 mls olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 mls milk of your choice
- a few drops lemon extract
- 150 g blue blueberries, fresh or from frozen (alternative: raspberries)
Optional: 1 tbsp of demerara sugar, for a sprinkling on top of each of you want a little extra sweetness
How to make
Set the oven to 180 C (fan).
You will need: large mixing bowl, large metal spoon, paper or silicon muffin cases, baking tray, small bowl and fork to beat the egg.
- Mix together in a large bowl all of the dry (first 4) ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (oil, extract, beaten egg, milk) and mix well with the spoon.
- Spoon into muffin cases standing in a baking tray.
- Top each with the berries (they will sink whilst baking), and spinkle with demerara sugar (optional).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes.
Please note these recipes are not suitable for people who have been advised to follow a low fibre or low residue diet.